Keyboard and Mouse Usage
RO’s character movement is entirely controlled by the mouse. The keyboard is used for chatting, typing manual commands, changing the camera angle, and using skills quickly. Jumping in Ragnarok Online is not possible with the exception of the TaeKwon class.
The mouse controls the following actions in RO:
- Movement: Left-click a cell to move to it. Hold down the left mouse button for continuous movement. If the cell is not highlighted or is highlighted in red, that place is impossible to reach.
- Changing the side view: Hold down the right mouse button and the cursor will become two arrows curving left and right. Move the mouse left [while holding the right mouse button] and the camera will rotate around the character to the left. Likewise, moving the mouse right will rotate the camera to the right.
- Changing magnification: Roll the mouse-wheel to zoom in and out. To do this without a mouse-wheel, hold the Ctrl key, right mouse button, and move the mouse. Changing the overview;;Hold the Shift key and move the mouse (wheel) up/down to change the height of the camera. To lower the height of the camera even more, hold both Ctrl + shift and move the mouse (wheel) up/down.
- Resetting to the default view: Quickly right-click twice to reset the view to face north. Hold the Shift key and quickly right-click twice to reset the camera’s position.
- Character Interaction: Right-click another character and a window will pop up with a list of actions to choose from. Some options only appear under certain circumstances.
- Item/Skill Description: Right-click an item or skill and a window will pop up giving detailed information on that particular item or skill.
- Drag-n-Drop: Allows the player to equip items, move items to the trade window or Kafra storage window, or drop items on the ground for someone else to pick up. The player can also drag-n-drop skills into the shortcut bar. NOTE: Drag-n-drop may be blocked if your equipment window is open.
- Auto-Follow another character: Hold Shift and right click on the target player to auto-follow him/her. This character will keep following the target until you attack or use a targeted skill. Note that /noctrl and /noshift need to be disabled in order to work.
By default, F1 to F9 keys are used for quick access to most-used skills, items, and equipments. Chat anytime by typing in the dialog box and then pressing enter. Battlemode (/bm) significantly changes this aspect and is detailed below in the “In-Game Commands” section. The keyboard is not used to move your character.
|ALT + V||Opens the basic information window which shows the character name, class, LV & JLV EXP in %, current HP/Max HP, current SP/Max SP, current weight/max weight, and Zeny. Other windows can also be opened from here.|
|ALT + B||Opens the instance window.|
|ALT + E||Opens the current inventory window. Tabs on the left control what section is displayed. From top to bottom, the sections can be described as usable items, equipment, and miscellaneous items respectively.|
|ALT + Q||Opens the equipment and status window. Merchant-type and Super Novice classes can open the cart window or un-equip the cart here.|
|ALT + W||Opens the cart window. This window is only accessible by a Merchant-type or Super Novice with a cart equipped.|
|ALT + U||Opens the quest window. Shows your current progress on various quests.|
|ALT + R||Opens the homunculus window. This window is only accessible by Alchemists.|
|ALT + J||Opens the pet window. This window is only accessible by pet owners.|
|ALT + S||Opens the skill window. From here, skills can be used and learned/improved. Also, skill icons can be dragged to the shortcut bar.|
|F12||Cycles through sets of shortcuts in the shortcut bar. Cycling goes through Shortcuts Sets 1, 2, 3, 4, and off.|
|ALT + F10||Toggles the chat window.|
|F10||Cycles through the height of the chat window. The mouse can also be used to change the window height.|
|F11||Exit all windows except Basic Info and chat window.|
|ALT + Z||Opens the party window.|
|ALT + H||Opens the friends window which shows friends’ online status.|
|CTRL + TAB||Cycles through how the mini-map is displayed through off, semi-transparency, and no transparency.|
|ALT + O||Opens the options window where the volume for background music and effects can be adjusted. The UI skin can also be changed here.|
|ALT + C||Creates a chatroom.|
|ALT + L||Displays different emoticons. Clicking the ‘macro’ button opens a window where different emotes or phrases can be assigned to ALT + # keys.|
|ALT + M||Opens the macro window.|
|ALT + Y||Displays a list of commands available.|
|ALT + G||Opens the Guild window.|
|CTRL + R||Opens the mercenary window.|
|ALT + T||Switches between passive and aggressive modes for homunculii.|
|CTRL + T||Switches between passive and aggressive modes for mercenaries.|
|INSERT||Makes the character sit down or stand up.|
|CTRL + ~||Opens the in-game World Map. Displays your location as well as that of party members. This shortcut is different in some keyboard configurations, for others visit the World Map page.|
|ALT + END||Toggles the players Health and SP bars.|
- Messages prefixed with ‘%’ will be sent only to your party
- Messages prefixed with ‘$’ will be sent only to your guild
- /set1 — Alias for /
skillfail, / showname, / noctrl, and /window
- /set2 — Alias for /
skillfail, / showname, / noctrl, /q1, /q2, and /window
- /miss — Toggles display of the ‘miss’ animation
- /sit — Makes your character sit or stand
- /stand — Makes your character sit or stand
- /chat — Creates a chat room
- /q — Leaves a chat room
- /memo — Memorizes a location for use with the Warp Portal skill
- /hi <Message> — Sends the specified message to everyone on your friend list
- /quickspell1 or /q1 — Enables the skill on the F9 hotkey by
- /quickspell2 or /q2 — Cycles through all skills on the F7 and F8 hotkeys.
- /quickspell3 or /q3 — Enables /q1 and /q2
bangbang— Rotates your character clockwise
bingbing— Rotates your character counterclockwise
buildinfo— Displays the version of the client
doridori— Moves your character’s head from side to side
- /h or /help — Lists the in-game commands
bgm— Toggles playing of background music
- /sound — Toggles playing of sound effects
- /effect — Toggles the display of anything but basic graphical effects
- /skip — Widens
frame skip. This is recommended for players who lag excessively.
- /aura — Minimizes the aura effect for level 99 and 175 characters
- /aura2 — Disables the aura effect for level 99 and 175 characters
- /tip — Opens the tip of the day window
- /emblem — Toggles the display of guild emblems
bv<0–127> — Sets the background music volume to the specified level
- /v <0–127> — Sets the sound effect volume to the specified level
- /where — Shows your character’s location as a map name and set of coordinates
- /am — Allows you to specify a message that will automatically be sent to anyone who sends you a private message while you’re unavailable. Enter the command again to mark yourself as available
- /ex <Name> — Blocks public and private messages from the specified character
- /ex — Displays a list all blocked characters
- /in <Name> — Removes the specified character from your blocked list
inall— Clears your blocked list
exall— Blocks all private messages
- /invite “<name>” — Invite a person to your party. Works across different maps.
- /refuse — Automatically declines all party invites.
- /accept — Disables auto-decline.
notradeor / nt— Blocks all trade offers and friend requests.
notalkmsgor /nm — Keeps public chat from being displayed in the chat window.
- /notalkmsg2 or /nm2 — Keeps guild and public chat from being displayed in the chat window.
- /organize “<Party Name>” — Creates a party named <Party Name>.
- /leave — Allows one to leave a party.
- /guild “<Guild Name>” — Creates a guild named <Guild Name>. This requires an Emperium to be in the creator’s inventory.
breakguild“Guild Name” — Disbands a guild. Canonly be used by the guild leader. All members must be expelled first.
- /shopping or /sh — Allows opening vendor windows with one left-click and closing shop windows with one right-click.
noctrlor / nc— Allows attacking monsters continuously with only one left-click.
noshiftor /ns — Allows targeting monsters or other players in PvP arenas with support skills without having to press the Shift key.
- /window or /wi — Makes the RO window being moved snap to another window nearby.
savechat— Saves the chat.
battlemodeor /bm — Starts Battle mode where the keyboard is used to instantly access shortcut-bar content without using F1~F9. Also, shortcuts of pages in the background can be used.
- /alchemist — Shows the top 10 brewing Alchemists in the server.
- /blacksmith — Shows the top 10 forging/upgrading Blacksmiths in the server.
taekwon— Shows the top 10 TaeKwon Kids based on completionof TaeKwon Missions in the server.
- /pk — Shows the top 10 slayers in a PK Server.
- /<xxx>+ <Number> — <xxx> is the target stat (ie. STR, AGI, VIT, INT, DEX, or LUK). Provided that stat points are available for allocation, this command will increase the target stat by the amount specified. For example: /str+ 5 will increase STR by 5 points. If stat points are insufficient, the client will increase the target stat as much as possible.
- /emotion — Lists some of the in-game emotions.
skillfailor / sf— Turns off “Skill has Failed” messages.
loginoutor /li — Turns off guild messages and login messages (ie. “<Character Name> has logged in/out” and “<Character Name> has dis/connected”).
- /fog — Turns fog on and off.
mineffector /minimize — Enables less graphically intense effects. This command does not work for Wizard’s AoE skills.
hoai— Switches Homunculus AI between default and custom mode.
traceai— Saves Homunculus’ status as a text file.
merai— Switches Mercenary AI between default and custom mode.
- /font — Switches the position of character name, party name, guild name, guild title, and emblem to above or below character sprites.
- /lightmap — Removes shade effects and a majority of lighting effects.
eqopen— Makes your equipment viewable by anyone.
battlechat— Activates the battlegrounds chat, with it enabled you can’t use normal, party or guild chats.
- /check <text> — Produces [ <text> ] in a green font.
- /camera — Turns camera “smoothing” off and on.
tingonly— Disables all sound effects except for the ‘ding’ sound effect that’s played when a character enters a chat room
- /booking — Opens party recruitment listing search window
- /recruit — Opens the party recruitment listing creation window
stateinfo— Toggles the display of status icon descriptions
- /set3 — Alias for /
skillfail, / showname, / noctrl, /window, / loginout, and /shopping.
navi<map name> <xxx/yyy> — Sets a coordinate destination for the Navigation System.
monsterhp— Toggles the display of Health bars on monsters.
- /quake — Enables or disables screen shaking effects.
- /snap — The mouse cursor semi-automatically moves to the target.
skillsnap— The mouse cursor semi-automatically moves to the target.
itemsnap— The mouse cursor semi-automatically moves to the loot.
- /call — Toggles the ability to be Urgent Called
Shows a list of available commands for quick reference. Usage: @commands
Get help about a command. Usage: @help or @h <command>Example: @help gsacl
Enables/disables auto-looting from the killed monsters. Usage: @autoloot <rate>Example: @autoloot 50 (this will make you loot every item with a drop rate of 50% or less).
Adds/Removes/Resets item-specific Autoloot. Usage: @alootid <+id> or @alootid <-id>Example: @alootid +984 or @alootid -984 (this will add or remove the loot of Oridecon). Note: You can also use +@etc, +@usable, +@equip, +@card, +@pet to loot specific item types. Note 2: @alootid reset can be used to reset the whole list. Note 3: You can use <Item_Name> (uppercase sensitive).
Excludes specific items from Autoloot. Usage: @droploot <+id> or @droploot <-id>Example: @droploot +984 (enable drop) or @droploot -984 (disable drop). Note: @droploot reset can be used to reset the whole list. Note 2: You can use <Item_Name> (uppercase sensitive).
Show info about the specified item. Usage: @iteminfo or @ii <id>Example: @ii 984 or @ii oridecon (will show Oridecon’s information).
Displays a message and plays an effect and sound when you or a party member get a rare item via Autoloot. Usage: @showrare <rate>Example: @showrare 1 (this will notify you every time an item with chance 1 and below drops).
Show the result of the random function that determines whether an item will be dropped or not. Usage: @showroll <rate>Example: @showroll 1 (this will show the roll made by every item with drop chance 1 or below).
Show who drops the specified item. Usage: @whodrops <id>Example: @whodrops 2310 or @whodrops Coat_ (this will show who drops Coat). Note: <Item_Name> is case sensitive.
Allows you to continue vending offline. Usage: @autotrade or @at
Find any merchants selling the specified item. Usage: @whosells <id>Example: @whosells 4205 or @whosells Mimic_Card Note: <Item_Name> is case sensitive.
Find any player buying the specified item. Usage: @whobuys <id>Example: @whobuys 512 or @whobuys Apple Note: <Item_Name> is case sensitive.
Show info about the monsters that spawn in the specified map. Usage: @mapmobs <map_name>Example: @mapmobs prt_fild05 (will show all the mobs at the field in west-Prontera map).
Count all the same-id-monsters killed by the player. Usage: @killcount <mob id>, then @killcount alone to know the current count. Example: @killcount 1001 (you will start to count every Scorpion killed by you).
Show info about the specified monster. Usage: @mobinfo, @monsterinfo or @mi <mob id>Example: @mobinfo 1002 or @mobinfo poring (will show Poring’s information).
Finds out in which maps a monster spawns. Usage: @whereis <mob id>Example: @whereis 1002 or @whereis poring
Displays current levels and % progress. Usage: @exp
Shows the gained experience per minute (as a flat value and as a percentage) since login. Usage: @expgain
Displays/Hides the gained experience points. Usage: @showexp
Make or invite someone to a duel. Usage: @duel Usage 2: @duel <char name>Example 2: @duel Haru (you will immediatelly both create the duel and invite Haru to it).
Invite someone to a previously made duel. Usage: @invite <char name>Example: @invite Haru Note: You cannot use @invite if there isn’t a duel previously made.
Accept a duel you were previously invited. Usage: @accept
Reject a duel invitation. Usage: @reject
Leave the current duel you joined. Usage: @leave
Makes night visual effect enabled/disabled. Usage: @daynight
Manage permissions for Guild Members to access the Guild Storage (only Guild Leader can use this). Usage: @gsacl <position> <on|off|show> Example: @gsacl 1 on (this will allow the use of guild storage to guild’s Rank 1). Note: You can know the state of a Rank by just using @gsacl <position>. Note 2: You can edit multiple ranks by stating a range (like 0-6 or 5-12). Note 2’s Example: @gsacl 0-20 off (this will deny the use of guild storage from the leader to rank 20).
Save and restore multiple hotkey sets. Usage: @hotkeys <load|save> <number from 1 to 3> Example: @hotkeys load 1 (this will load a previously saved hotkey set in slot 1). Note: Using load in a clean slot will make your hotkeys to be erased (due to not having anything saved).
Show your remaining jail time (if any). Usage: @jailtime
Displays a message in role-play format. Usage: @me <message> Example: @me smiles as he gently touches her face. Product: * : Mathy smiles as he gently touches her face. : *
Memorize a Warp Portal destination in the chosen slot, by paying one Blue Gemstone. Usage: @memo <slot number> Example: @memo 1 (memorizes current map in slot 1). Note: You can check memo maps and save point by writing @memo alone.
Auto-rejects invites and deals. Usage: @noask
Protects you from others to attack your already touched mobs. Usage: @noks <self|party|guild> Example: @noks self (will prevent anybody, even your party and/or guild, from KSing you).
Make your Pet say something. Usage: @pettalk <message> Example: @pettalk Hello, this is me, your sister.
Shows the current server rates. Usage: @rates
Show visual effects when attacking with elemental weaponry/endows/arrows. Usage: @showatkele
Shows/Hides the “there is a delay after a skill” message. Usage: @showdelay
Shows/Hides other players’ login messages. Usage: @showlogin
Displays/Hides the gained money. Usage: @showzeny
Show the amount of HP/SP recovered by consumables. Usage: @showrecovery Note: The amount recovered is shown just like being healed.
Shows a list of info about your character’s statistics. Usage: @stats
Shows the time spent on the current session and the total time spent playing the character. Usage: @playtime