Attack or ATK
Attack is the physical damage a player can deal. This is the total combined damage from a weapon and STR for melee or DEX for ranged. At 0 DEX you will always hit between 50% – 100% of the ATK value before damage reductions.
Example: Daggers hit medium monsters for 75% damage, assuming you have 100 ATK, 0 DEX, 0 STR, and the enemy has 50 DEF. you will hit between 50-100 per hit, assuming you managed to hit your maximum of 100, -25% from weapon size means you will land a 75 damage hit, then minus 50% due to DEF down to 38. With this setup, the damage you will deal on these stats is around 19 – 38 per hit.
Magic Attack or MATK
Magic Attack is the magical damage a player can deal. This is the total combined damage from a magical weapon and INT. At 0 DEX you will always hit between 50% – 100% of the MATK value before damage reductions.
Example: Assuming you have 200 MATK, 0 DEX, Use a 100% MATK spell, and the enemy has 50 MDEF. You will hit between 100 – 200 magic damage resulting in 50-100 magic damage due to the enemy’s 50% MDEF.
Cast time reduces the time it takes to cast various skills and spells by a percentage. Mostly used by spellcasters and support classes, DEX heavily influences this stat.
Example: Let’s say a spell takes 10 seconds to cast, Having Cast Time 75 means a 75% reduction in cast time. so 10 seconds becomes 2.5 seconds. You can achieve Instant-Cast at 100.
Critical cast is the rate at which a physical attack will perform a critical hit and bypass defense, or the percent reduction to after-cast delay from magical spells.
Example: Let’s say you have Critical Cast 60, this would mean on a physical attacker you have a 60% base chance to bypass enemy defense, for a spell however they come with large delays after a spell, so for a spell with a 5-second delay Critical Cast 60 would reduce it by 60% to 2 seconds.
Defense or DEF
Defense is represented by 2 numbers, in the above window you can see it says 0 + 1. The first number represents Defense from armor. Wearing a piece of armor that gives say 10 Defense would make this 10 + 1. For every Defense you have it is a 1% damage reduction. This cannot exceed 90 for a maximum potential of 90% Physical Damage reduction. Critical attacks will bypass this number however dealing full damage.
The second number in DEF is represented by the 1 in the 0 + 1. This is the player’s block rate. Every 10 CON will add a 1% chance to completely block a physical attack. So 100 Constitution will show as 0 + 10, meaning a 10% chance to block any physical attack.
Example: Let’s say you have DEF 60 + 10. First, you have a 10% chance to block any physical attack. so out of 10 hits, you’ll only be hit with roughly 9 of them. Assuming the enemy has an attack value of 1,000. The 9 remaining hits will only hit 400 damage each. Other reductions like Racial Resistance, Elemental Resistance, Size Resistance all stack on this number.
Magic Defense or MDEF
Working the same as Defense above, the first number is represented by magic defense provided by armor, well the second number is magic block rate provided by INT. Thus having 100 INT would give a 10% chance to completely block a physical attack, and Having 50 MDEF from armor would reduce received magic damage by half. Follows the same damage reduction formula as Defense. Just like normal DEF you cannot exceed 90 MDEF.
Evasion is a defensive stat given by Agility or AGI. This stat gives a flat percent chance to narrowly evade an attack. Since the evasion is so narrow you will get scratched from attacks, or take some impact damage from an explosion. Successfully evaded attacks will deal 10% of the damage they were originally going to deal. Evasion works on all types of combat such as physical, magical, and skill damage. You cannot exceed 80 evasion no matter how agile you try to become. Evaded attacks will not pass on ailments or make the player flinch.
Example: If you have 70 Evasion, out of 10 attacks, 3 will hit normally, 7 will only leave scratches. if an enemy was going to deal 1000 damage, 30% will hit that 1000 damage, 70% will only hit 100 damage. With DEF added to the mix assuming still 70 evasion but with 50 DEF/MDEF this time. 30% of the attacks will deal 500 damage and 70% will deal 50 damage.
Attack Speed or ASPD
Attack speed is how fast you can attack with physical attacks. Relying on the AGI stat higher ASPD means faster attacks and physical skills will have less motion delay. Every player starts with 20 ASPD this is roughly 1 attack every second. 0 ASPD is the lowest it can get and is an attack every 1.2 seconds. Well, 100 ASPD is the maximum possible attack speed resulting in an attack every 0.2 seconds. Every interval of 10 ASPD is -0.1 Seconds per attack. So every 1 ASPD is -0.01 seconds.
When a skill is on cooldown, you can still use other skills, just not the skill on cooldown. Most physical skills have a short cooldown.
After-cast delay is a bit like cooldown, however, when a skill has an aftercast delay, no new skills can be cast until this time is up. Most magic skills have an after-cast delay.
Strength or STR.
- Each point in STR boosts minimum and maximum Atk by 1
- Every 10 points
- Each point increases the weight limit by 20
- Each point also reduces the chance of being cursed or suffering a hallucination by 0.7%
- Every point adds a 0.25% boost to weapon vs size (eg, a dagger does 100% to small, 75% to medium/large monsters. 40 str will apply 10% bonus making it 100% to small, 85% to medium/large monsters.
Agility or AGI
- Each point adds 0.5 Evasion
- Each point adds 0.6 ASPD
- Each point reduces the chance of being inflicted with Stone or Freeze ailments
Constitution or CON
- Every 10 CON adds a 1% chance to block a physical attack
- Each point in CON adds a maximum 2% Base max hp
- Each point increases the amount items heal by 1%
- Every 5 points increased natural HP Regeneration by 10
- Each point increases the weight limit by 10
- Each point reduces the chance of being inflicted with bleeding, poison, and burn by 0.7% a point
Intelligence or INT
- Each point in INT boosts minimum and maximum Matk by 1
- Every 10 points add bonus Matk
- Every 10 points will also add a 1% chance to block magic attacks.
- Each Point will add 1% Base max SP
- Each point will increase the amount SP items restore by 1%
- Every 5 points will boost natural SP regeneration by 2
- Every 5 points will boost max healing of heal skills
- Each point also reduces the chance of being blinded or put into the sleep and chaos states by 0.7%
Dexterity or DEX
- Each point in DEX boosts minimum and maximum ranged attack by 1
- Every 10 points add bonus ranged attack
- Each point increases the weight limit by 5
- Each point adds 0.6 to cast time reduction
- Each point increases success to steal and disarm skills
- Each point reduces the chance of being disarmed
- Each point reduces the chance of being stunned or silenced by 0.7%
- Each point increases minimum ATK and MATK by 0.5%, meaning at say 50 DEX instead of 50%-100% per hit, you will deal 75%-100% and 100 DEX will mean you always hit your maximum damage
Luck or LUK
- Each point in luck adds 0.5 Critical Cast
- Every 4 points reduce an enemy’s chance to crit on you by 1%
- Every 5 points adds 1 ATK/MATK
- Every point reduces the chance of being inflicted with any ailment by 0.2%